Mainpage University of Defence
Coronavirus Pandemics as a Topic at Defence and Strategy 2021 Conference
• The sixth issue of annual Defence and Strategy Conference held by the Centre for Security and Military Strategic Studies took place on 9 and 10 June 2021. The topic that attracted most interest from the audience concerned the contemporary coronavirus situation. The discussion touched the facts of how massive hybrid campaign of untrue and misleading information accompany the pandemics and the actions done by foreign agents to sway the situation in another nation.
A Day of Conferences at the University
• Military university resumes also the research activities after overcoming the pandemics period. Thus, the scientific society by launching two international conferences on the same day, 9 June 2021, covering military technologies and security and strategy, respectively.
University of Defence and National Cyber and Information Security Agency: Cooperation Framework Agreement Signed
• On 8 June 2021, the only Czech military university hosted the ceremony of signing the cooperation framework agreement between University of Defence and the National Cyber and Information Security Agency. The signature actors were the Agency Director Karel Řehka and University Rector-Commandant Brigadier General Zuzana Kročová in the presence of Agency’s Deputy Director Lukáš Kintr, Director Secretary Jaroslav Compeľ and University’s vice-rectors Colonel Pavel Foltin, Colonel Petr Hrůza and Colonel Jan Bořil.
University of Defence Assume Presidency of Next EUMACS Meeting
• University of Defence vice-rector for external relations and internationalisation Colonel Libor Kutěj led a delegation to the annual European Union Military Academies Commandants’ Seminar meeting held in Lisbon, Portugal, on 27 and 28 May 2021. Portuguese Military Academy arranged the meeting under the umbrella of Portugal’s presidency to the European Union.
US Scientist Closes Internship at Faculty of Military Health Sciences
• Doctor Irene MacAllister has closed her research internship at the University of Defence Faculty of Military Health Sciences. The research stay of Dr. Mac Allister was implemented through the Exchange of Engineers and Scientists program under the auspices of the US and Czech Ministry of Defense (The Partnership for Peace Status of Forces Agreement (NATO SOFA)). This is the first such stay of a prominent NATO military scientist in the Czech Republic, although this program has existed since 1995, when an agreement was signed on 19 June in Brussels, Belgium, to enable this type of cooperation across all NATO member countries.