University of Defence Co-organises Codification Course for Managers and Logisticians
• In the period d 13. do 24. září pořádají The National Codification Bureau of the Czech Republic and University of Defence organise together the 5th issue of NCS College in the period 13 to 24 September 2021. In this year, the international “Codification Course for Managers and Logisticians” takes on-line format due to health safety.
Lieutenant Colonel Smetana Received Professor Degree Letter
• Minister of Defence Lubomír Metnar presented on 7 September 2021 the Letter of Professor Degree Appointment to Lieutenant Colonel Jan Smetana, the deputy head of the Department of Epidemiology within the Faculty of Military Health Sciences. President of the Czech Republic Miloš Zeman conferred Professor in “Epidemiology, Preventive Medicine and Hygiene” degree to Lieutenant Colonel of General Staff doc. MUDr. Jan Smetana, Ph.D., according to the proposal made by the Scientific Council of the University of Defence.
University of Defence Presents for Science Festival
• University of Defence has kept taking over more and more the role of a defence industry research and development centre. Therefore, it cannot miss presenting for “VedaFest”, which is the largest festival of science in popular form in the open air in the Czech Republic. It took place in the parks and paths of Vitezne Namesti and Technicka Street in Prague on 8 September 2021 offering the visitors an entertaining and playful view of all kinds of sciences.
Deputy Minister Tomáš Kopečný Search in Brno For Technology Background
• Artificial intelligence, robotics, space technologies, developed autonomous systems and other advanced research and development matters got into Deputy Minister for Industrial Cooperation Tomáš Kopečný’s centre of interest during his Monday, 30 August 2021, visit to the University of Defence and other Brno based universities that form the joint platform supporting Czech national defence and security.
150 Graduates Leave University of Defence Going to Units
• The University of Defence has made a tradition from holding the graduation parade on the last Thursdays in the months of July. In this year, the ceremony took place again in the Brno central square bridging the one-year break caused by the pandemics. Thus, the military act of graduation of the new Czech military officers opened for watching to the public, including graduates’ relatives, along with military representatives, local government officials, and dignitaries from other universities.
Rector Presents “Student Head 2021” Awards to Best Three Students
• Monday meeting of rector’s advisory board witnessed a ceremony at which University of Defence rector-commandant presented the “Student Head 2021” awards to those students who achieved significant success in students’ research activities. The awarded students were SFC David Sekret, student in fifth year at the Military Health Sciences Faculty, SSG Zdeněk Vyležich, who studies the fourth year at the Faculty of Military Technology, and SFC Martina Brázdová, a fifth-year student at the Faculty of Military Leadership.