You may be trying to access this site from a secured browser on the server. Please enable scripts and reload this page.
Turn on more accessible mode
Turn off more accessible mode
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Turn off Animations
Turn on Animations
University of Defence in Brno
Mainpage University of Defence
Faculty of Military Leadership
Faculty of Military Technology
Faculty of Military Health Sciences
NBC Defence Institute
Centre for Security and Military Strategic Studies
Physical Training and Sports Centre
research and development
information sources, services and facilities
public and media
Faculty of Military Leadership Erasmus Offer
Levý obsah stránky
Ukrainian Academics at the University of Defence
• A group of six academics coming from Ukraine universities and institutions engaged with teaching security issues visited the University of Defence on Thursday, 23 November. They were acquainted by the Security and Military Strategic Studies Centre's staff with the Centre structure, scope and tasks.
Promotions in Historical Scenery
• Central Oval Hall of the Kaunitz chateau in Slavkov u Brna town (formerly Austerlitz) was a place of an important military event again after a period lasting more than two centuries. While in 1805 the French and Austrian armies signed the truce after the Austerlitz battle, on the late afternoon of 2 November 2017 the 5th company of the University of Defence student regiment got promotions to Staff Sergeant rank.
University of Defence Students Vow in Brno City Centre
• Proclaiming in unison the words “I vow” the University of Defence first-year students made the crucial step to their commitment they have volunteered for by contracting the Czech military forces. The military oath ceremony of the only Czech Republic military university freshmen took place for the first time in the Brno city central square on 27 October morning on the eve of the national holiday marking the establishment of the independent Czechoslovak state.
University of Defence Freshmen Matriculated
• Four matriculation ceremonies that included the academic oath and were held in the University of Defence Club main hall on three days introduced almost four hundred new students of the Brno based faculties to the academic community. Another forty-three new students vowed in Hradec Kralove on 6 October to be accepted to the Faculty of Military Health Sciences academic community.
University of Defence Opened Its Fourteenth Academic Year
• The meeting ceremony held in the barracks in the Sumavska Street in Brno was a symbol of the new academic year start for the University of Defence in Brno, the fourteenth year in the existence of the only military tertiary education institution in the Czech Republic. The meeting was the first event for more than three hundreds of the new students of the Brno based faculties, who passed through the basic military training at Vyskov Training Base during the months of August and September.
The Line of Development 7 Working Group Meeting at the University of Defence in Brno
• The University of Defence hosted in its Hall of Traditions the annual meeting of the Line of Development 7 – a working group established by the European Security and Defence College (ESDC) to manage the international project of young officers’ exchanges inspired by Erasmus.
UoD News Portal
Conferences and Seminars
University of Defence News
Pravý obsah stránky
University of Defence News Portal
The current browser does not support Web pages that contain the IFRAME element. To use this Web Part, you must use a browser that supports this element, such as Internet Explorer 7.0 or later.
© 2017 University of Defence in Brno | Kounicova 65, 662 10 Brno, Czech Republic