Mainpage University of Defence
i: Military Geography programme students
MEASURES ADOPTED AGAINST SPREAD COVID-19
In relation to the national measures intended to prevent spreading COVID-19, the University od Defence in Brno has issued the following
urgent measures valid until withdraw that pose consequences for our international partners:
cultural, sport or social events either organised by the University of Defence or held in its premises have been cancelled.
conferences as well as
workshops have been
- International students under agreement will have no classes in the summer semester 2020. They stay present at the location of their deployment with tasks according to situation and will be in contact with their academic and military leaders.
international mobilities have been
cancelled. International students (within and beyond the Erasmus+ Programme) have been sent to their home institutions or countries, as applicable. Czech students immediately return from abroad.
All international trips of University staff/students have been cancelled following the regulation issued by the Minister of Defence as of 10 March 2020.
Presence of students in classes of all types and forms of studies including the lifelong learning and short-term courses have been
forbidden. Teaching continues in an alternative mode (e-learning, distant teaching) following faculty Deans' regulations.
- The number of employees present at work limits to the necessary minimum. Others work on home office principle.
University of Defence Students Mission Against Covid-19
• The Hospital of Marianske Lazne is slightly more than a kilometre away from Bavaria Pension there. A group of 13 University of Defence first-year students walked the distance to help a facility of the most affected by the new coronavirus disease – local hospital follow-on care department. Their support deserved appreciation from first the Minister of Defence who thanked all military personnel deployed there on 20 May 2020 and a day later from University's deputy rector-commandant colonel Alois Matyzka who met the students.
University of Defence Select Applicants for Utmost Combat Course
• It was before the corona virus quarantine period that the Department of Leadership together with the Cadets Regiment and the Physical Training and Sports Centre had two-phase preparatory runs for the fourth-year Combined Arms Commander students to get ready for the selection to the most challenging Commando Course.
An Application Developed Under University of Defence Teachers Supervision Runs in Space Today
• The International Space Station agenda contains launching the application developed by Military Secondary School students in Moravska Trebova under tutoring of the Aircraft Technology Department teachers, Faculty of Military Technology, University of Defence. The application should run for 180 minutes, which roughly equals two orbits around the Earth.