Mainpage University of Defence
i: Military Geography programme students
CURRENT MEASURES RELATED TO COVID-19
In relation to the national measures caused by COVID-19 and to release restrictions, the University od Defence in Brno has adopted the following measures:
- Classes for degree programmes as well as non-degree courses have restored since 11 May 2020 provided the hygienic conditions are applied
- All conferences, workshops, cultural, sport or social events held in University of Defence premises or attended by its employees remain cancelled
- All personnel are obliged to follow the preventive, quarantine and hygienic measures as issued by MoD.
Prime Minister Babis and Minister Metnar Thank to Faculty of Military Health Sciences Students
• Prime Minister Andrej Babis and Minister of Defence Lubomír Metnar came to the University of Defence’s Faculty of Military Health Sciences in Hradec Kralove to see and thank military medics for their effort paid during the corona virus crisis. On the occasion they got acquainted with the education and research institution.
University of Defence Students Mission Against Covid-19
• The Hospital of Marianske Lazne is slightly more than a kilometre away from Bavaria Pension there. A group of 13 University of Defence first-year students walked the distance to help a facility of the most affected by the new coronavirus disease – local hospital follow-on care department. Their support deserved appreciation from first the Minister of Defence who thanked all military personnel deployed there on 20 May 2020 and a day later from University's deputy rector-commandant colonel Alois Matyzka who met the students.
University of Defence Select Applicants for Utmost Combat Course
• It was before the corona virus quarantine period that the Department of Leadership together with the Cadets Regiment and the Physical Training and Sports Centre had two-phase preparatory runs for the fourth-year Combined Arms Commander students to get ready for the selection to the most challenging Commando Course.
An Application Developed Under University of Defence Teachers Supervision Runs in Space Today
• The International Space Station agenda contains launching the application developed by Military Secondary School students in Moravska Trebova under tutoring of the Aircraft Technology Department teachers, Faculty of Military Technology, University of Defence. The application should run for 180 minutes, which roughly equals two orbits around the Earth.